Thursday, July 17, 2014

Exciting News!!!

So as you probably figured out, I pretty much gave up on blogging for this summer.  It has just been WAY to busy. 
 
But I had to come back today to tell you one thing...
 
Kelly and I are ENGAGED!
 
 
 
I can't believe it.  I'm still in shock.  Holy moly.  Is this real life?!
 
I am beyond excited and I can't wait to start planning!
 
Here's our proposal story:

PROPOSAL STORY
Part I of III
 
So all week I was crazy stressed and busy planning for my sister's bridal shower on Sunday.  We were making food, decorations, packing things up, not mention I also had two painting parties to prepare for and I was working at the salon all day every day.  I was CRAZY I tell ya. 
 
So at the same time Kelly keeps saying how we need to clean the house, and me being the stubborn person that I am, I was having trouble understanding why we need to clean and pick up the house. No one was coming over.  No one was going to see anything in our house, so why do we need to clean when I have so much other stuff going on?!
 
So fast forward to Sunday, Kelly helped us set up for the shower, and then he left.  Then he came back to pick me up when it was over.  The shower was a complete success by the way.  I can wait to show pictures!
 
So after the shower Kelly wanted to go get ice cream.  I did not really want ice cream because I had eaten a cupcake and fruit pizza at the shower, and I had also been drinking mimosas all day. But since I had been so stubborn all week, I just went with it.  On the way to Orange Leaf he turned onto the wrong street, so we turned around and got back on track.  When we got to the parking lot he turned the wrong way again!

So we finally get in there, and I make myself the tiniest dab of frozen yogurt there ever was...like 3 bites worth.  Meanwhile Kelly filled up his entire bowl and then some.  It was heaping, and you know how big the bowls are serve yourself frozen yogurt places are.  I finish mine in about 2 minutes and Kelly takes about 20 to eat half of his then decides he doesn't want anymore and throws it away.

(So far this story seems pointless, but I promise it will all add up)

We got in the car and drove away and came to a stoplight where we would normally turn north, but he got in the lane to turn south.  I asked what he was doing, and he said he wanted to go for a walk on the river.  I was slightly puzzled because I am the one that always wants to do that, not him.  Also my feet were absolutely killing me and it was the hottest day of the year.  I was sweaty.  I had my hair twisted up in a old clip.  It was not attractive.  I was exhausted.  But again, I was trying not to be stubborn, so I just went with it. 

And that's it for today.  Stayed tuned for Part II!
  
 
 
 

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yayyyyy!!!! Congratulations!!! Enjoy it all! So happy for you!

Becky M said...

Congrats!!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Ahhhhh CONGRATS lady!!!! So excited for you :-D

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs